Last week, a chunk of money was deducted off my credit card. It was for the renewal of my URL and signified my blogs’ official one year existence.
Over the last year, I have published (according to my website stats) 47,541 words. Some of you have been around from word #1 – thank you for sticking it out! (Although, you’re most likely related to me, so you have no choice…).
To my newer readers, welcome. I am so grateful that you found something that piqued your interest enough to click “subscribe”. I hope that I continue writing words that you enjoy reading!
To commemorate the past 52 weeks of (more-or-less) weekly Thursday posts, I thought I’d provide a short list of some of my (and your) favourite pieces from the past year. Hope you enjoy the trip down memory lane!
- Linkin Park
- A song that makes me happy
- Listening to vinyl in my underwear
- Why I think I’m getting to old for music festivals
- Apollo vs smartphone
- The Walking Dead – poultry edition
- The moment I realised I was pretty average
- Learning that owning a pocket knife doesn’t make you MacGyver
- The time I realised being able to karate chop through a wooden board was pretty pointless
- Marc Cohn vs Elvis
- Why flying is the worst
- My mother’s knitting addiction
- Backroads – not always the best idea
- The reason I’m the world’s luckiest unlucky traveller
- I can finally bake bread
- A guide to becoming a sommelier
- A beer recipe I would prefer not to repeat
And of course, what seems to be the crowd favourite…
The Random Post
- DIY vs time management
- Why Jared Leto is not my biggest fan
- That time I realised my garden birds were psychotic
- Why I should probably read “How to make friends and influence people”
Here’s to another year of musings and randomness!